Over twenty of Charleston’s best bars and restaurants are getting into the citrusy spirit as they showcase delicious drinks, dishes, and desserts as part of Limehouse Produce’s 2016 Citrus Celebration. This year, participants were asked to get a little more creative and select from just four citrus items: cara cara oranges, satsuma tangerines, pumellos, and meyer lemons when creating their items.
Limehouse Produce is once again sharing more details on these featured dishes and drinks on their website along with recipes for people to download and try on their own. Patrons can also go and ask for the respected dish or drink at the participants locations until the end of February.
A panel of judges will be visiting the top five places from each category and select a winner for the Best Citrus Dish and Best Citrus Drink. Each winner will be promoted on the website, social media outlets, and to the media. NEW THIS YEAR: The restaurant with the winning dish will be featured on the side of a Limehouse Produce truck and the winning drink will be featured in a ½ page ad in The Local Palate.
Restaurants and bars part of this promotion include:
- Aaron Lemieux, Vincent Chicco’s: Citrus trek olive oil seared NC Swordfish with artichoke meyer lemon, farro, Tuscan kale with chile
- Aaron Lemieux, Vincent Chicco’s: SC (Certified Angus Beef) Ribeye with pork cheek, fig ravioli, satsuma cara cara chianti reduction, red wine figs, sorghum and candied pecans
- Aaron Lemieux, Michael’s on the Alley: Citrus trek crab duo with king crab, pommelo salad, candy cane beets, candied kumquat, pommelo segments, black truffle and hazelnut crusted goat cheese
- Brannon Florie, The Granary, Hiser Farms Clams with Meyer Lemon, Cara Cara navel, Satsuma mandarin
- Jason Rheinwald at The Sanctuary, The Ocean Room: Burrata: a collection of citrus
- Jeremiah Bacon, The Macintosh: Broccolini with pickled mustard seeds ,red navel oranges , fish sauce and poached egg
- Katie Dyches, Bohemian Bull, Satsuma Duck Egg Roll
- Marc Collins, Circa 1886: Cara Cara orange & BBQ crab salad, roasted fennel, pomegranate, black pepper brioche crisp, basil coulis
- Ryley McGillis, Eleve: Tuna Crudo, Pumello & Cara Cara Oranges, Satsuma Tangerine Gastrique, Meyer Lemon Crosta, Fresno, Fennel & Radish
- Robert Berry, Pancito & Lefty: Shrimp Aguachile
- Vinson Petrillo, Zero George Café, hamachi collar, various textures of citrus, chicory, Truffle miso
- Katelyn Selin, Poogan’s Hospitality Group: Satsuma Cookies & Milk
- Sarah Parker, Caviar & Bananas: Citrus Tasting Plate
- Suzanne Stewart, The Glass Onion: Meyer Lemon-Buttermilk Custard
- Cassandra Stoiber Edwall, Eleve: Élevé au soleil
- Dan Williams, Cypress: The Naranja
- David Clarke, SOL Southwest Kitchen & Tequila Bar: Spiked Winter Lemonade
- Ian Farley, Prohibition: Yeamans Collins
- Jared Chafin, Indaco
- Jeremiah Schenzel, The Cocktail Club: What’s The Word
- John Martindale, Circa 1886: Chelsey’s Dream
- Kyle DeGolyer, Poogan’s Hospitality Group: Sergeant Jasper’s Satsuma Smash
- Paul Zekus and Brannon Florie, On Forty One: Chinese Christmas
- Robert Berry, Pancito & Lefty: Cara Cara Orange Margarita
- Sean Daniher, Home Team BBQ: Gomero Blanco
- Shaun Gordan, Prohibition: L’amore Swizzle
To learn more and to download recipes, visitwww.limehouseproduce.com.