Morgan Creek Grill, a waterfront retreat on Isle of Palms, is pleased to announce that Matthew Lagace has been hired as Executive Chef. A Rhode Island native with more than a dozen years of kitchen leadership, Lagace has introduced a new menu highlighted by inventive seafood preparations and seasonal local produce.
“Since arriving, Executive Chef Lagace has brought new inspiration not just to the kitchen but to the entire grill,” shares Morgan Creek Grill General Manager Kayleigh Lauffer. “With a vibrant mix of casual and fine dining options in Charleston’s ultimate waterfront setting, we look forward to welcoming new and returning guests this spring.”
Originally from Lincoln, Rhode Island, Chef Lagace earned his stripes at The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts in Massachusetts. After working up the ranks to Executive Sous Chef at The Oceanaire Seafood Room in Boston, Chef Lagace brought his passion for sustainable seafood and produce to Charleston in 2016.
Main Dining Room menu staples include:
- Crab & Orzo Stuffed Local Flounder with grilled jumbo asparagus, beurre blanc
- Spanish Farro Bowl with roasted corn, pico de gallo, dried blueberries, hearts of palm and guacamole
- Oysters Rockefeller with Eastern Virginia selects, collard greens, bacon, panko and beurre blanc
- Bacon Mustard Brussels Sprouts with bacon fat and parmesan cheese
- Shrimp Scampi with chorizo, garlic butter and cavatappi
Upper Deck Bar & Grill menu highlights include:
- Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl with ponzu, wakame, sesame and wontons
- New England Style Maine Lobster Roll with bacon, scallion, house dressing
- Black Grouper Fish Tacos with kale, cabbage slaw, pico de gallo, ancho creama
- Buffalo Fried Cauliflower with blue cheese crumbles
Morgan Creek Grill’s menu specials change on a daily basis and revolve around seasonal produce. The restaurant is located on 80 41stAvenue Isle of Palms, S.C. 29451.