So, I recently started dieting, kind of, and was trying to find some ways to use ground turkey in place of ground beef to save some calories and fat. I Frankensteined some recipes that I found off of the internet together to come up with this Turkey Meatball recipe that I think is pretty delicious…but then, I think everything I cook is delicious, so…
- 1 pound Ground Turkey 93/7
- 1/2 C Red Onion
- 1/4 C Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 C Ricotta Cheese, part skim milk
- 1/2 C Italian-style Breadcrumbs (I used Progresso)
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 3 Tsp Italian Spices Mix
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. In a bowl, mix together everything but the olive oil.
2. Add the olive oil to a frying pan set on medium-high heat and start rolling out your meatballs. I got about 16 balls out of the whole thing, but depending on how big you’re making them, you might get more or less.
3. Cook them until they register 165 degree internal temperature. I like to have a little crisp on the side, so I turned the heat up a bit at the end, but it’s totally up to you.
4. Serve the yummy meatballs with some pasta or just with some marinara sauce for a meal. Only 300 calories per serving (serves 5 people, or one person over 5 meals, which is what I ended up doing). I also sprinkled it with some fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Yummm!