So we all know that the “big game” ??? is coming up this weekend, and no Super Bowl watch party is complete without some delicious grub! Here are some of my favorite dishes to bring with me to watch the VICs (that’s Very Important Commercials).
Loaded Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 bag Ore-Ida tater tots (I prefer Extra Crispy)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- green onions for garnish
- Cook tater tots according to directions on package. Mix cheese together.
- Mix together ranch dressing, half of the cheese combo, bacon, and sour cream.
- Remove tots from oven, but keep oven on. Toss with cheesy-ranch mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes (or until cheese is melted) and sprinkle with green onion.
New England Clam Chowder
- 1 LB butter, unsalted
- 1 LB All Purpose Flour
- 5 LB Red Bliss Potato, Diced ½”
- ½ LB Bacon Raw, Diced ½”
- 3 LB Yellow Onion, Diced ¼”
- 1 LB Celery, Diced ¼”
- ½ GAL Whole Milk
- ½ GAL Heavy Cream
- 1 GAL Clam Juice, Canned
- 2 oz Clam Base, or Clam Paste
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 TB Tabasco Sauce
- 1 TB Fresh Thyme, Chopped
- 1 TB Garlic, Chopped
- 1 LB Corn, Frozen
- 4 LB Shucked Clam Meat
- 1 GAL Water
- To Taste Salt & Black Pepper
- In a saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Slowly whisk in the flour and cook for 5 minutes until the mixture resembles wet sand. Set aside.
- Clean potatoes and cut into ½” dice. Place in a pot, cover with water, and cook through over medium-high heat (approx. 20 minutes). Reserve.
- In a large stock pot add the bacon then place on the stove over low heat. Render the fat and cook until crispy. Remove bacon bits and leave fat in the pot.
- Add the onion and celery and cook until translucent. Add bacon back to pot.
- Whisk in clam base until fully incorporated. Add milk, heavy cream, clam juice, Worcestershire, tabasco, thyme, garlic and corn. Whisk to incorporate and then bring to a simmer.
- Once at a simmer, slowly add the roux (cooked butter and flour) in small batches, whisking after each addition before adding the next batch. Whisking often, bring to a simmer.
- This step is optional: The soup will be very thick at this point. Using UP TO the 1 GAL of water, slowly whisk in water and thin out to desired consistency.
- Add cooked potatoes and clams then bring to a simmer. Season to taste.
- 4 hass avocados
- 1 lime
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/2 tsp of garlic
- a boatload of cilantro (optional if you’re a monster who hates cilantro)
- salt & pepper
- Cut up and cube the avocado and add the garlic to a large bowl.
- Small dice the Roma tomato, shallot, and jalapeño and add to bowl.
- Juice the lime, cilantro, and salt & pepper to the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!